Mr. Istel has more than three decades of investment banking experience. From 1993 to 2002, he was Vice Chairman of Rothschild, Inc. He currently serves as Senior Advisor to the firm and is a member of its Global Financial Advisory Compliance Committee.
Mr. Istel’s career includes years at Lehman Brothers (1977-84), where he was a Managing Director and served on the Board. In 1984, he became Co-Chairman of First Boston International and, four years later, Chairman of Wasserstein Perella & Co. International.
Present other positions include:
- Chair of the Innova Health Advisory Board
- Senior Advisor to Compagnie Financière Richemont SA; formerly Deputy Chairman and member of its Audit, Nominations, and Compensation Committees
- Chairman, Fondation Saint-John Perse
- Member, Board of Directors and Executive Committee of The French-American Foundation
- Member, Council on Foreign Relations
- Member, Board of Directors of Action Against Hunger, USA
- Member, Board of Directors, Libraries Without Borders
- Formerly, Director of Analog Devices, Inc., and a member of its Audit Committee
Mr. Istel earned a degree in economics from Princeton University. He has been awarded the “Commandeur de la Légion d’Honneur” and “Officier des Arts et des Lettres” decorations by the French Government.